If your family wants you to get involved in their small business, you may feel this is not exactly what you would have liked for a career.
Unlike a career it allows you to manage your own calendar. However, there are so many benefits to working for a family-owned company, so you may want to reconsider. Here are just a few of them:
- The level of trust in your family members is usually higher than in foreigners (at least in the case of functional families).
- Knowing the personalities and skills of your family members will help you find ways to integrate more easily into the company; there is no need to spend time and money with performance assessments.
- Another great advantage is that the family works for the family, so you do not have to pay someone else on a PR position, when your wife also has specialized studies and skills. Therefore, you save money and benefit from efficiency, with minimal effort.
- Another important aspect is the time that family members dedicate to their business. You will not have problems with your son/ daughter if you need them to work overtime or if you need them at work on the weekend, but you will have problems with a regular employee who wants and has the right to spend time with his/ her family, friends, and have a personal life.
- A family member is willing to use financial resources for the good of the business, which is a great help especially in times of crisis.
- Last but not least, if you engage in a family-owned business, you can spend more time with the significant people in your life than if you worked in separate places. Roll “Em Out Shelves is a family owned business, check them out http://rollemoutshelves.com/.
Originally Posted on: Why You Should Work For a Family-Owned Business